Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Shaylee's 1st Dance competition


Shaylee and her trophy, she is so proud of it!

Shaylee and he other teammate waiting to dance

Shaylee and Isabelle waiting for their turn to dance
Saturday was Shaylee's first dance competition, and man was it a long long day. We left our house at 8 am to get to Logan by 10 and then it turned out she didn't dance till like 11:30, so we waited around and then she danced, then she didn't dance again until 3:40 so we went shopping and went to lunch. I tell you what when I was in dance it didn't seem like competition days were this long. We didn't leave Logan till a little after 6 and didn't get home till 7:20...blah that was a long day! At least in her dances she got 2nd place and she got to come home with a trophy so I guess that makes it all worth it, only 2 more to go, at least they are in Roy and so we don't have to be there all day!

4 comments:

Christian and Melissa said...

Wow! That's so fun! Just so you know...those days ALWAYS have long for family members. It may not seem so long for the dancers, but it's murder on everyone that's not dancing. I always hated going to watch Carly for that reason. They always have you perform so randomly, so you have to wait around all day. THEN, you have to stick around for the awards ceremony and drill-down (I still don't get the point of that!). I'm so glad those days are over. However, they are only temporarily over...bummer! :) you're a good mom for letting her have the same experience you did!

Stephanie Williams said...

Awesome job Shaylee!! Congrats on 2nd place!!

Debbie said...

Congrats Shaylee. You are soooo cute. Love ya lots.

Laura G said...

She is so dang cute!!! It looks like she just LOVES dance. I did it in Junior high...those are always long days. Tyler is so big. My girl would eat a hot dog everyday if I let her. she loves em. He is too funny!