Sunday, April 4, 2010

Roaring Camp Railroad











We are visiting California and when I booked the trip I was excited that we would get to spend Easter with my parents but then again I was sad my kids would miss out on the Easter eggs hunts around home so I was searching to see if the city my mom lives in had one and I found this place outside of Santa Cruz which is about 45 mins from her house. It turned out to be a train ride to this camp up in the large California redwoods, so I thought that would be so much fun to do. So we set off on our adventure yesterday, and we seriously had so much fun. We almost thought that we wouldn't be able to go because a train earlier had derailed and they were having a lot of problems, but an hour later than anticipated we were able to go on our ride. It was a really cool ride, it was on an old steam train on one of the oldest tracks in California, we really got to see how the railways work because they had to many cars on the train so we had one train pulling and another pushing and they had to keep unhooking the two cars at the end that we were on and the little engine would have to take us up the steep hills. It was a really cool expereince and one of the best Easter egg hunts I have ever gone too. Tyler was really funny looking for stuff because he didn't really get the concept but when he did he had a lot of fun. SO here are some pictures of the amazing redwoods, which some of them are 1000 yrs old, and the kiddos. Oh we also won two free rides back on the train..it was awesome we never win anything!

1 comment:

Stephanie Williams said...

What a great find!! That looks like so much fun! We missed out this year because I remembered Conference, but forgot Easter, go figure. Its normally the other way around! Hope you guys are having fun out there. Tell your parents we said hi!