Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Mother's worst nightmare

The last few days have been extremely emotional for me. Our dear sweet Tyler has been having seizures. The story is when he was 2 months old it first happened and we thought that he had just stopped breathing so we took him to the ER all freaked out and they told us he looked fine and that it is probably his reflux. So a month goes by and it happened again, this time i didn't think anything of it because he burped and seemed fine. Then two weeks ago, it was bad, he had three episodes in 6 hours, so we knew something had to be wrong, so we took him to wee care and the doctor there told us he looked fine....I tell you what I was getting so sick of people telling us he's fine and its his reflux, because its not. This dr seemed to help us figure out other possibilites it could be and one he mentioned was seizures. So when we got home that night it happened again and right then and there I knew it might be seizures. So I thought when it happens agian I will call our Ped. It didn't happen again so I figured all was fine, until Thursday afternoon, and it happened again. I immediately called the dr and he told me to bring him in first thing in the morning, again he was thinking it was reflux. So he didn't do it again that night and we took him to the dr, and ironically he had an episode in the waiting room, if we would have got back ontime, he could have seen what happened. After this the dr actually believed that it was more serious than reflux. So he suggested that we go get a MRI and EEG at Primary's. So we have an appt to get an MRI a week from Monday, I wish it was sooner because he had 3 more episodes yesterday and it just breaks my heart watching him. I want to know what is wrong with him now not in a week or so. So this is my sad story, and it is a hard thing for me to deal with, but I am thankful for such a sweet hubby who not only gave Tyler a blessing, but also me. What about him....I have never seen him this torn before, I know he is trying to be tough for me, but it is really hard for both of us. Poor Shaylee too she is just getting pushed aside lately, and I feel so bad for her. She had a dance performance last night and a little carnival thing and Tyler would not stop crying so we had to leave and when we told her that, she was heart broken. Thanks to my dear friend Breezy she said that she could take her home so that she would be able to stay. I am very thankful for those people in my life. I have a lot of good friends and family who are very supportive. I love you guys!

2 comments:

The Singleton's said...

cute pics. So they still don't know whats causing it? How frusterating for you guys. Well hope all works out for you we will be thinking about ya.

Brandon and Jill said...

Janelle thats crazy I know what that is like it is so scary I hope they find out what it is let me know!! I will be praying for him